Flickr is a revolution in photo storage, sharing and organization,making image management an easy, natural and collaborative process. Getcomments, notes, and tags on your photos, post to any blog, share andchat live and more! Flickr claims to be the best online imagemanagement and photo sharing application with two primary goals
- To help people sttheir photos available to the people who matter to them.
- To enable new ways of organizing photos.
If your are new to the game, read the Basic Guidelines for Tagging on Flickr , How to get the most out of Flickr , Tips for Flickr Beginners and the Official FAQ. You can also combine Picassa and Gmail to upload photos to Flickr, turn your blog into a moblog and listen to the Flickr Song.
You can upload your photos (like jpeg, jpg, gif, png etc.) on Flickr easily via the web or use uploading toolsfor Mac and Windows to make it easy to upload a batch of hi res photosall at once. You can send your photos into Flickr with a special upload by email address. When you upload photos by email, use the subject line to give your photo a title, and the body of the email to give it a description. If you use a recent Nokia mobile phone, you can post your photos to Flickr via Lifeblog after getting your password. Adding a photo to a group pool allows any group member to view your photo, and add notes, tags and comments, regardless of its current privacy settings.
You can now choose to license the photos you upload to Flickr under a Creative Commons license. In a tie up with Feedburner, Splicinggives people the ability to offer a single RSS feed which contains achronologically ordered arrangement of their photostream from Flickrand the feed from their existing blog. And of course now there are feeds for all tags in Flickr. Under works is is the automated discovery of interesting images based on heavy duty analysis of user behaviour around the photos.
Developers interested in adding to this toolset might want to visit the FlickrIdeas forum or investigate the public Flickr API. The Flickr API is now available for non-commercial use by outside developers. Flickr forums are available to every Flickr member as a place to ask questions, suggest features or report a bug.
There are already present a set of official tools on Flickr:
- “Send To Flickr” Windows XP Explorer Wizard– Download an executable file which integrates into the Windows XPExplorer system to allow you to publish a batch of photos into Flickrdirect from your file system.
- “Send To Flickr” Bookmarklet – allows you to view the images on a web page you are looking at, and then with one click add them to your photostream.
- Flickr Export Plugin for iPhoto plugin for iPhoto 4 and 5 – provides a direct export interface to Flickr.com
- Flickr Uploadr for Mac OS X 10.3 or higher – Drag and drop from iPhoto or the Finder, and upload your photos in batches.
- Flickr Uploadr for Windows XP, 2000, ME and 98-Download an installer (.exe) that allows you to publish a batch ofphotos into Flickr directly from your computer. Just drag and drop inyour photos and add some tags.
- Flickr photo search – search by titles, tags and descriptions
- Flickr Organizr – powerful tool to create sets which help you organize and display your photos. [Introduction Post]
- Flickr Mail – free email service for users.
- Popular tags – Collection of hot tags and all time popular image tags on Flickr
These are other intersesting useful tools created by flickr users: See how to track this page for updates.
- Gnickr – manage photos on your Flickr site as if they were local files on your Gnome desktop.
- Captioner – add comic captions for your flickr photos
- Flapi – an open source Flash image gallery that uses Flickr to manage the images.
- Daily Zeitgeist – displays recent photos from Flickr on your website. Built in Flash.
- Wikinews Flickr License Searcher– searches flickr for images licensed under a specific license. Meantto help users of Wikinews find free images for use on the site.
- Yahoo Widgets for Flickr – get flickr related widgets on your desktop after downloading the Yahoo! Widget Engine.
- QuickrFlickr – a quicker way to generate HTML code of Flickr pictures for use in Xanga, other blogs, or any HTML Page.
- CloudTagFlickr– This script pulls your tags from flickr, and arranges them in anumber of ways according to the relative counts of the given tags.
- DeskFlickr – rotates your desktop wallpaper based on flickr tags.
- FlickrBuddy – See and download the most interesting pictures of your flickr contacts.
- Most Interesting Pictures – Enter Flickr username to see their most interesting pictures.
- FlickrWallpaper – is a simple desktop wallpaper changer that downloads photos based on tags from flickr.
- FlickrSavr – downloads images based on the criteria specified and creates a slideshow of images and titles.
- Flickrmap – Put a flash based world map on your own website or blog.
- Embedded Flickr Slideshows – All that’s needed is a bit of code to embed them within your website to give your readers something dynamic.
- Flickr hack: All Sizes for all pics – The public API gives directions for constructing the url of any photo based on information in the HTML of every photo page.
- f*Gallery– is a personal php based Photo Gallery for flickr Members to displaythere photos uploaded to flickr on there personal website.
- Flickrfs Virtual Flickr Filesystem – Create a virtual userspace filesystem which allows easy uploading/downloading/searching of images through flickr.
- Projects on the construction of identity and flickr – a series of three projects investigating what constitutes the self. egoshotr, fixr and mixrrr
- WordPress Flickr Post Bar plugin – easily insert your Flickr photos into your blog posts.
- Phlickr – is an open source PHP5 based api kit used to access the Flickr API.
- Flickr AutoDownloadr– view Flickr photos in a fullscreen slideshow (Windows). Handy forshowing off photos to a group of friends with a laptop and TV.
- Flickratr – vote from 1-10 for different flickr images.
- Flickr Soduku – play soduku with flickr images.
- KFlickr – A standalone Flickr.com uploader for KDE
- FAlbum – a WordPress plugin that allows you to display your Flickr photos and photosets on your site.
- Flickr Album Maker – Make photoalbums using Flickr photos. Based on the php tools by Oberkampf.
- flickrRSS Plugin– This plugin for WordPress allows you to display a flickr style badge(for a tag, user, user tag or group pool) on your WordPress site.
- Flickr Backup– a java utility that allows you to download the pictures you haveuploaded to Flickr back down to your computer for personal backup orrestore.
- Flickr Greasemonkey Scripts – a huge collection of scripts that modify and enhance Flickr.
- EgoWalk – see geographically where all your Flickr contacts live in the United States on a Yahoo! map.
- flickrsavr.py– is a python script that automates the process of saving the URLs (ofpublic photos), and also saves a local copy of thumbnails, and storesdescriptions, dates, and tags in a database.
- Random photo browser – photo search fetches a selection of random photos that have been favorited by at least one person.
- Photo Comment Tool – One-click grab and publish any Flickr photo into a Flickr photo comment stream or forum post.
- BreadKrumbs – Build instant page to page journeys across Flickr photos. Also works as a good group promotion tool.
- Flickr at Userscripts – More greasemonkey scripts tagged with flickr.
- FlickrFavs – an application for downloading your favorite photos.
- Flickr Explorer – Mass photo downloader for Flickr.
- Flickr Importr – a tool for Windows that allows you to upload images to Flickr and automatically add them to groups and sets.
- Flyr – search flickr for geotagged photos.
- Steeev’s Flickr Projects – a collection of flickr greasemonkey scripts and other Flickr programming projects.
- FlickrRandom – presents randomly-picked photos from Flickr.
- Flickr module for CMS – allows you to integrate your photo albums at flickr.com into you CMS Made Simple based website.
- Flickr Framer – Online image editing to frame your online flickr photos.
- Mobup – a small J2ME application that manage mobile photo uploads on your Flickr account
- fd’s Flickr Toys – fun tools for Flickr image editing
- QOOP flickr Photo Printer – online photo printing service for your Flickr photos in book form.
- GLFlickrShow – uses OpenGL to produce fullscreen slideshows with transition effects.
- Flickr idGettr – find your Flickr user id number. For some reason, the only way to figure it out is by looking at your RSS stream address.
- Flickr TopToolbar – a Greasemonkey script or a Firefox extension, that insets a toolbar across the top of all Flickr pages.
- Flickr MiniToolbar – a Greasemonkey script or a Firefox extension, that insets a small toolbar above the title of a photo on the photo page.
- Magazine Cover – make magazine covers from your flickr photos.
- FlickrTagFight – tool to fight flickr tags and compare the results.
- Steganography with Flickr – See how steganographied images can be shared with Flickr friends to pass on documents or other files.
- Notifyr – subscribe to a Flickr photo page and get email notifications whenever new images are added.
- Flidget – is a dashboard widget for tiger that allows you to upload your photos.
- Flickr RSS Reader v2 – is an application built in Macromedia Flash MX 2004 Professional that reads RSS Feeds from Flickr.
- FlickrDown – downloading photos from Flickr to save locally easier.
- On Black – Enter the URL of a photo page to view that image on a nice black (or white) background.
- Mosaic Maker – Make a square or rectangular mosaic from a photoset or individual images. [via]
- Badge Maker – Make your own (unofficial) flickr badge.
- Flickr Album – an alternative fun way to view images at Flickr.
- Associatr – A tool for browsing related tags on Flickr.
- Lfvr – A light weight flickr viewer.
- Flickr Montager – create photo mosaics using flickr tags.
- Search Plugins:Flickr – searching flickr.
- Glimmr – is a photo uploader for the Flickr web service.
- Longline Tool – composes long line mosaics from the Long Line group pool over at Flickr.
- Grabbr – is a small application to smooth the task of uploading screenshots to Flickr.
- Flickr Schwag – three buttons and two stickers can by yours by sending a Self Addressed Envelope to Flickr.
- Flickr search plugin – for Mozilla/Firefox browser.
- Flippr! -is a simple application that grabs pictures from Flickr and puts them on your desktop.
- Flickr.rb – Ruby interface to the Flickr photo-sharing service.
- Flickr People Finder – a way of finding people on the big flickr visualization.
- FlickrJ – Java wrapper for the Flickr REST API.
- Oberkampf-is a set of a php tools that will allow you to paste certain functionsinto your files that result in some form of flickr result and display.
- Geobloggers – Uses tags to link Flickr photos and Delicious links to geographic locations and show them on Google Maps
- Flickr Automator Action 0.1 – Automated uploading to Flickr.
- Flickr .NET– A .NET wrapper around the Flickr API. Allows desktop and webapplications to provide direct image upload functionality to Flickr andits services.
- Flickr Screensaver -Turns your computer into a slideshow of Flickr photos when you’re not using it.
- Flickrfox -is an extension for Firefox (version 1.0) that lets you browse your Flickr photostreams in a sidebar.
- jUploadr -is a cross-platform uploader for both linux and windows.
- Degradr-is a Firefox Greasemonkey script to replace flash representations ofphotos on flicr.com with the image files embedded in those flash files.
- FlickrPress– This script will get all of the photos uploaded to flickr by aspecific user in the last 24 hours. It will then post the thumbnails toa WordPress blog.
- Flickr badge plugin for WordPress – This plugin allows you to display a flickr style badge (for a tag, user, user tag or group pool) on your WordPress site.
- Keyword Assistant -is a plugin for iPhoto to make keyword management easier. (users iPhoto and Flickr, with the Flickr export tool)
- Recent Photos Slideshow & Screensaver – Slideshow view and windows screensaver of recent images upoaded to flickr.
- FlickrExport – is a plugin for iPhoto 4 which provides a direct export interface to Flickr.com
- PictureSync – Upload your images, with metadata, from iPhoto, iView MediaPro, and files with or without IPTC fields.
- Photoupload– Image uploader to flickr. Upload photos directly to photoset, UseIPTC and EXIF fields in photo description, and generate tags from IPTCkeywords.
- flickrate! – is an attempt to give flickr a rating system. Displays most aesthetic, funniest and original photos.
- uploadr.py– Upload images to your Flickr account in Python. Once this script isrunning, simply drag and drop images into the specified upload folderand watch as your images appear on your flickr account.
- Multipost Bookmarklet Tool – one click submit to send sites to places like Furl or del.icio.us and other social bookmarking services at the same time.
- Flickr Tag Related Browser -Just type a search tag and see amazing view of flickr images and browse related tags.
- FlickrClient is a Python interface to the Flickr API.
- FlickrUploadr – is a tool to upload your pictures to Flickr.
- 50 people See – is a program to blend Flickr images which share the same tags. No human is involved in choosing, positioning, or blending the images.
- Spell with Flickr -Generate one picture per letter.
- Flickr Postcard Browser – Browse Flickr Postcards
- Flickr Graphis an application that explores the social relationships insideflickr.com. It makes use of the classic attraction-repulsion algorithmfor graphs.
- Flickr World Map – is a experimental firefox extension based on the geourlextension. When you roll over a city a search is done through theflickr tags looking for the most recent photo with tags that match thecity and country name.
- dFlickr wraps most functions of the Flickr API and provides the necessary classes to access users/photos/photosets/groups/pools/blogs in Flickr.
- Mappr is an interactive environment for exploring place, based on the photos people take.
- Flickr Color Picker- Using images from the Color Fields group, just click on a color, usethe slider to adjust lightness and darkness, and it will show youphotos with that color.
- 1001 – is a Mac OS X application for uploading and notifying you when new photos are added to streams you want to watch.
- Flickr Rainbow – displays most recent images from all the users at Flickr which have been tagged with the colours of the rainbow.
- Flickr photos on your TiVo is an application for the new TiVo HME which can display Flickr pictures on your TiVo
- FlickrPapr – Search wallpaper size photos by tags or username.
- flickReplacr bookmarklet – to swap a flickr pic for that word.
- flickr upload for gnome’s nautilus – is a Nautilus script to integrate Flickr.com uploads with the Gnome file manager.
- Flickr Photosets Movable Type Plugin – uses the Flickr API to fetch a list of Photosets from Flickr that you can then include in your MovableType weblog.
- WordPress plugin – that integrates some of Flickr’s great photo sharing services with WordPress
- Kubrickr is a tool that lets you replace that giant blue blob at the top of your WordPress 1.5 blog with a nice photo from Flickr.
Recently, Yahoo bought Flickr and some benefits to flick photo management solution users are beginning to pour in. If you really get hooked onto Flickr – Upgade to a Pro Accountand get more monthly upload limit, unlimited storage, unlimitedbandwidth and unlimited photosets with permanent archiving of highresolution original images. So have you Flickr-ed today!
technorati tags: Flickr 工具
客户端上传工具 Flickr Uploadr
flick 桌面（需要 Microsoft .Net framework 1.1）
Flcikr Album Maker
fd’s Flickr Toys日历、照片加框、杂志封面、幻灯等等…很多flickr工具
a Lightweight flickr Viewer 轻量级flickr查看器
Flickr badge会指导我们将自己的照片输出到Blog或者Home Page上，我们可以自定义输出图片的大小，数量，排列样式，甚至可以选择以Flash的方式输出。
5.Spell with flickr
Flickr Related Tag Browser带给我们的就是这种浏览图片的新鲜体验。输入想要浏览的Tag，程序会将图片以Flash的形式表现出来。
Flickr Album Maker帮助我们将Flickr中的照片组织成相册和朋友分享，又是一种不同的感觉。